TSFD Protection Toolkit
TSFD Protection Toolkit USB Copy Protection Software
Copy protection for USB flash drives is much more than a copy protection system. It includes features that turn USB flash drives into powerful publishing media. While providing top of the line security for your business profits and data, it also makes your product remarkably safe and user-friendly.
The core functionality of TrusCont USB Copy Protection is hardware based, providing the highest protection level. Strong anti-copy protection for software and data tightly binds your files to the USB flash drive hardware and makes it virtually inseparable.
Sophisticated anti-cracking countermeasures and complex security schemes make TrusCont copy protection technology an extremely tough nut even for the most experienced pirates. Software level features further control use rights such as printing, copy-paste, limited time use and more.
Read-only USB configurations write protect your flash drives in hardware, prevent deliberate or accidental delete, format or change of your data and effectively protect your flash drives against viruses and malware infections. CD-ROM partition, user reserved data area, and true Autorun / Autoplay functionality further enhance your customers’ usage experience.
SOFTWARE COPY PROTECTION
Apply strong anti-copy, anti-debug, code obfuscation & encryption for native code EXE, .NET programs, and WPF applications. Easily toggle wide range of security features: access control, limit number of hosts, limit use time, and much more. Silent protection – fully transparent to end users. Easily applied in minutes, no programming skills required whatsoever.
Copy protect almost any data type including PDF documents, images, video, audio, html web pages, and even your own proprietary file formats. Outstanding protection technology that efficiently locks your data, control use rights such as save-as, printing, copy-paste, and time limits – whether the data files are used by your proprietary software, or distributed alone for use with common 3rd party software such as Adobe Reader, media players and internet browsers.
READ-ONLY AND MALWARE PROTECTION
Write protection in hardware is the safest way to prevent end users from deleting, modifying and even formatting your data. It is also the perfect solution to protect your files against viruses and other malware infections. The write protection applied by TrusCont is device, file system, and OS independent. Your data is totally safe no matter where it is used. You can also partition the unused memory of the flash drive for end users’ general purpose use, and facilitate secure updates for your own protected data.
CD/DVD/BD-ROM EMULATION & AUTOPLAY
CD/DVD Emulation makes your flash drive behave as a CD/DVD medium. It enables true Autorun / Autoplay functionality also on older operating systems such as Windows XP and Vista. A Perfect solution for quickly porting games, software, and multimedia applications distributed on CDs and DVDs to copy protected & secure USB flash drives. You can also partition the unused memory of the flash drive for end users’ general purpose use, and facilitate secure updates of your titles.
TrusCont USB Copy Protection includes a versatile update mechanism. You can update flash drives at hand, and also remotely update flash drives that were already sent to customers. The updates can be generic, or selective to specific products or customers. Setting overwrite permission passwords in advance allows you to securely update also write protected flash drives.
Define the rights to use your content. Prevent 'Save As' and control printing and copy & paste permissions. Use global settings or define rights for individual files. Digital rights management features allow you to control what the end user can do with the content. You can set the rights to view/play only, allow/block printing and also allow/block copy & paste of text and images.
Choosing Protection Strategy
Give some thought to your copy protection strategy before recording your content to TSFD - TrusCont Secure Flash Drives devices:
- Identify the most valuable files that require protection – in software this may be the main executable file. In e-learning materials, service manuals, etc. this may be documents or flash animations.
- Protect only the valuable files that require protection – Generic files such as 3rd party applications, files without commercial value or files without sensitive content shall be left unprotected. Protecting files (especially content files) without reason just limits their functionality and operating environment for no reason.
- Decide which operations you wish to restrict – a strict security policy provides good protection for your content. However, some publishers choose to enable operations such as printing to allow their customers easier and more convenient use.
- Add password protection to restrict access of the protected content to specific subscribers.
- Set different passwords to different data sets stored on the same TSFD - TrusCont Secure Flash Drives to target different data sets to different subscribers/divisions.
- Set expiration dates if your content is valid to a specific period, or if using outdated content you publish is not desired.
You are now ready to install the TSFD Protection Toolkit and protect your content.
How Does It Work?
The copy protection process is extremely simple. The minimum requirements are blank TSFDs - TrusCont Secure Flash Drives and a standard computer. Here is what you need to do:
- Buy blank TSFDs - TrusCont Secure Flash Drives
- Download the free software (TSFD Protection Toolkit) - Registration require
- Use the software to protect and record your files to the blank TSFDs - TrusCont Secure Flash Drives.
The TSFD Protection Toolkit encodes your files and links them to the internal controller of the TSFD - TrusCont Secure Flash Drives so your customers cannot make illegal copies of your files. You can also control many advanced security and DRM options.
QUICK START GUIDE
A one page guide for quickly protecting software and data files on USB flash drives with the TSFD Protection Toolkit using the basic default settings.